Two days passed.
Sifu arrived at the city.
It was foggy. The usual weather for the south.
The sun was trying to make its way through the wall of clouds, a struggle that has been going on since the dawn of creation.
The crickets sang the song of war.
Something felt heavy in the air.
He closed his eyes.
When he arrived at the east gate to the city, one of four main gates, leading inside, one of the guards approached him.
- No weapons - mumbled the guard
- What do you mean? - asked Sifu
- Just what I said - replied the guard
- Care to elaborate a bit more, as to why I cannot protect myself inside your city - asked Sifu
- Since we had the slaughter at the market - said the guard - the commander of the city had banned entry with weapons, only guards and nobles are to carry weapons inside.
- I see - said SIfu
The guard was looking at the big sword that the stranger was carrying.
"What waste of energy to handle such a big sword" - he thought.
The weapon was gone.
- Wha.. what sorcery is this?! - stumbled the guard - where did your sword go?
- What sword? - asked Sifu
- Don't play games with me stranger - said the guard while he pulled his bow - I saw it bright as day!
- You are welcome to search me - replied Sifu
The guard searched him, but didn't find anything resembling a weapon.
- Pfft... - said the guard - you may pass
- And a good day to you - said Sifu as he entered the city.
He felt that heaviness in the air again.
He could feel the fires that ones engulfed the city.
Not so far from this moment in time.
As he walked among the buildings, he could see the destruction that war brings.
Yes. There was a war fought here.
The city was rebuilding.
"Not quick enough" - he thought
He saw the ruins and misery.
Poverty and disease had plagued the city's streets.
"Faith?" - he thought - "Destiny, set in stone."
Consumed with his thoughts he suddenly stopped, dead in his tracks.
He could feel someone watching him.
"The building to the south east, second floor" - this thoughts passed through his mind in a flash.
He turned around.
No one was there.
He looked closely.
Not a trace.
He closed his eyes.
"Yes.." - he thought - "Magic"
He walked further into the city.
It was one of the biggest coastal cities on the south west.
Import and export was thriving, before the war that is.
It was a key location for military maneuvers, every tactician knew that.
The city itself was prosperous.
Many noblemen had made it their home.
It was located beneath mountain Vesuvius, a big volcano, that prophecies always claimed will erupt, but never did.
"Faith" - he thought
He checked the market and the shops.
Not many were open.
"That's war for you" - thoughts passed his mind