Sifu approached the old lighthouse.
"Yes." - he thought
He looked around the house. It was torn down from the harsh environment and no upkeep to speak off.
As he walked around he noticed few strange things that were only visible to him. He was looking for clues.
The lantern was lit, with no flame.
The windows were barred. From the inside.
The cellar was blocked with stones.
With a little hole left in the middle.
As if someone was breathing through it...
He went around the back. The main entrance was there. Locked.
As he closed his eyes again, he felt it.
He looked around.
His eyes stopped at the tree near the house.
"Yes" - he thought - "That's where the bones are."
He put the sword down and started digging beneath the old tree.
Suddenly, he saw it.
Behind him. On the left
He turned around slowly.
He saw it as bright as day.
Created from the hatred and fed with the pain and suffering of others.
A being he had encountered many times on his journeys.
With a lightning reflex he reached for his sword.
He felt a magic dawn upon him.
He was encumbered.
It was over.
"Good." - he thought - "That's how it should be."
After a while..
.. It spoke.
In the common language.
- This is not the end, child of the shadows - said the specter
It didn't move Its lips.
It couldn't speak.
But he could still hear It's voice.
Inside his thoughts.
"Don't blink." - he thought to himself - "Don't..."
The being past right through him. He felt it take in everything he had.
All his memories.
The ones that were long gone.
He felt the being behind him.
Back to back.
- The day of the revelation is upon us - It said - your awakening is coming, child of the shadows.
- What revelation? - he asked. - I don't understand.
- You do - the being spoke with multiple voices at the same time. - You must find the promised child. The child of surprise.
He was quiet.
He knew what the being was talking about.
- I do not believe in the predestined meeting - he finally said - My masters taught me about the revelation, but it is nothing but a bunch of lies and dementia spoken by the relics of the past. I shall not live my life the way it was supposed to be lived. I need... I need something more
He felt the being move away.
It wasn't a specter.
He could feel it.
- Do not walk away from your destiny - It spoke - You are branded. You bare the mark. You shall finish what was once started.
- The revelation is upon us - It spoke - there isn't much time.
- Find the child - It spoke - Find your destiny.
He felt it disappear.
The magic was lifted.
He could move again.
As he turned around for a second he thought he saw a figure in the mist.
A figure he thought he knew.
He thought he saw.
But he didn't.
He cleared his head.
Closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
He could no longer feel it.
It was gone.
"Maybe I was dreaming?" - he thought - "Was it... was it just a dream?"
He knew it wasn't.
He picked up his sword.
It felt good.
His old partner.
He approached the cliff and looked into the distance.
"That which is long gone, but always expected." - he thought - "There is no going back."
"The promised child? I will not accept that."
"I will change it."
"It's mine and mine alone."