After traveling for a while, Leorus' boat docked.
He docked at a small fishing village, where he wanted to expand his trading business.
After months of sailing he was happy to be on a solid ground once more.
Lerous expanded his trading company all around Aden and Giran, now he wanted to discover new opportunities, by replacing the small business owners with his own.
The small village he arrived, was located on an island, just south of Gludin. It was a dirty and rusty place, but felt warm somehow. "Damn it reeks of fish in here!" - he thought
After looking around for a while, he spotted a lonely fisherman at the dock. "I should get some info from the locals" - he thought - "They will surely know everything that goes on around here, they might even be interested in selling some land!"
He approached the fisherman.
- Greetings to you master dwarf - he said - My name is Leorus
It was a dwarf. A little dwarf with pointy boots and a bamboo fishing rod. He didn't say anything.
- I come here from a far away land - Leorus tried again - I've come here to..
- Hush! - interrupted the dwarf - You will scare all the fish away!
"What a douche" - thought Leorus
- Forgive me master dwarf - he said - I didn't mean to scare your fish I just wanted to talk, I am new in town.
- Yes, I can see that... - replied the dwarf - Talk then, what do you need from me?
- How is the fishing going? - asked Leorus - Do you get enough fish around here?
- Yes - replied the dwarf
- Wouldn't you want to get even more? - said Leorus - I can make that happen
- No - replied the dwarf - I get enough fish for me and my family.
- But - insisted Leorus - You can make so much more money
- I don't fish for money - said the dwarf - I only fish what I need
- So what do you do with the rest of your time? - asked Leorus
- I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children near the docks, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings I go into the village to see my friends, dance a little, play the elven flute, drink with the dwarves, and sing a few songs with the orcs.
"What a waste of time!" - thought Leorus
- I have a Business Studies degree and I can help you. - announced Leorus - You should start by fishing longer every day. You can sell the extra fish you catch. With the revenue, you can buy a boat, catch even more fish. With the extra money you will soon be able to buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of your own. Instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you can negotiate directly with the buyers and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this rotten village and move to Giran or Goddard. From there you can direct your huge enterprise."
- How long would that take - wondered the dwarf
- Twenty, perhaps twenty five years - answered Leorus - riches don't come easily you know!
- And after that? - asked the dwarf
- After that - explained Leorus - you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the sea, sleep late, fish a little, play with your grandchildren, take a siesta with your wife, and spend your evenings in the village, dancing, playing the guitar, and singing with your friends."
- I already have that - whispered the dwarf and left.