Long time ago, in a far away land, there lived an elf.
Throughout his entire life he had accomplished many things, visited many places, he had seen many weird and funny creatures and had a successful business with his dwarf partner. He was happy and satisfied with the life he had.
But one thing he never had was love. Don't get me wrong, he was very popular with the female kind, but they wanted him for his success and not for who he was.
One day, while doing his usual routines around the city, he had heard a conversation between two traders about this beautiful young girl in the land of Gludin and decided to give it a try, maybe that would be the true love he was looking for all this time, he had nothing to lose, but everything to gain.
He ventured high...
Finally, after weeks of searching, he came across a house. It was exactly as the traders had described it.
It was the house of the beautiful girl.
He decided to catch his breath before going in and think about what he's going to say.
He took a stroll down the hill, towards the house. The land around was very well kept and looked like in a fairy tale.
Upon arriving at the house he saw a person in front. The man was dressed in weird clothes and had a funny hat. The elf decided to ask him if he had arrived at the right location.
- Hello. - he said
- Good day to you stranger! - replied the guy
- My name is Piotur, I am the steward at the Master's house - continued the guy in the funny hat - What brings to our humble above?
- I have heard the stories of a beautiful lady and decided to feed my eyes with her beauty - replied the elf with all his modesty
- Ah.. - said Piotur - Indeed you have the right place. But I must warn you, the Master does not take kindly to strangers trying to woe his daughter!
- I am sure I can be persuasive - replied the elf
- Then please, go right in, knock on the door at the house - said Piotur - and best of luck to you.
The elf arrived at the house's main door. It was a beautiful steel door with a golden handle.
He gathered all his courage and knocked.
Suddenly, he heard a sinister laugh behind him.
The presence he felt was very disturbing, filled with darkness and greed. As an elf he could feel things stronger than any other race.
As he turned around he saw a dark figure, dressed in dark clothes, everything about him was dark. He was a Dark Elf , dressed in gorgeous and expensive looking clothing, a hat with a silver duck feather and a very dark smile.
- Welcome to my palace young one - said the Dark Elf - I am the master of this household. What is a pompous little elf like you doing on my land??
- I greet you, Master of the house! - said the elf and performed a bow - I have come from a far away land, to ask your daughter's hand in marriage!
- Hahaha!! - laughed the Dark Elf - YOU? Marrying MY daughter? Don't be silly.
- My resolve is real - the elf persisted - I am very rich and my business is prospering I want to meet your daughter and see her beauty with my own eyes.
Upon hearing the word "rich" the Dark Elf changed his face expression.
- Huumm.. - He said - tell me more
- I have never been married - said the elf in all honesty - I seek a wife who would love me for who I am and not what I do.
"How naive" thought the Dark Elf. "I should take advantage of this fool"
- Walk with me - said the Dark Elf
- All your eyes can see is mine - said the Dark Elf - it all belongs to me. I am the Master of this land, I worked all my life for it to be mine and only mine. Do you think you have what it takes to do the same young one?
- Yes - replied the elf
- Very well - said the Dark Elf - before I let you meet my daughter you have to prove that you are indeed worthy of her!
- I will do whatever it takes - said the elf
- Starting today you will live in the barn and work for me - replied the Dark Elf - you will do whatever I tell you.
- I agree - smirked the elf
- Good. In this case go and talk to Santiago - said the Dark elf - He is in charge of all the work that is done outside of the house, he will be your boss starting now.
- I will go see him - said the elf