L2 Stories Part 4 - In Search Of a Cure.
Running as fast as he could, Sano continued his traveling i search of the healer Sora told him about, so he could get the cure for Siouxsie.
The traveling took him to a place called Gludio Castle Town.
After arriving to Gludio, Sano, knowing the healer was living somewhere near some ruins, started asking around about this place and this woman. Everyone knew about some ruins around the town but no one seamed to have ever heard about the healer he was talking about. After asking almost every living soul in town, some person told him he never heard about some healer like the one he was talking about, but he heard about some person living near Ruins of Agony who used to help injured travelers passing by.
Sano didn't wanted to waste time in wrong searches or with miss directions 'tho this was the best lead he had, so he decided to give it a try.
As Sano arrives to Ruins of Agony, he finds the place crowded with evil creatures making him wondering if that would be the kind of place a healer would live in.
Somewhere deep inside the ruins Sano found some kind of a stable with some people laying down next to it, some seamed seriously injured, others seamed even dead, and there was two other persons, one around the wounded people and another one standing like guarding the place from the evil creatures.
Sano stepped forward in the direction of the persons standing guard and explained all the situation and asked if that person was the one he was looking for.
- Do i look like a healer to you?!? I think you might be looking for my foolish younger sister over there.
Answers that persons with a weird kind of demon standing near her as if it was some kind of a pet.
So Sano went to talk with the other persons and once again explained all what was happening.
With a sad and dissapointed face that person, Jaenelle, replayed.
- Look around stranger... For as much as i would like to help you, i don't have much free time to go around fetching ingredients to make the kind of medicine you need. I hate to have to say no to you in such matter, but i really can't leave all this people here to die.
But Sano couldn't have no for answer, 'tho he understood Jaenelle's reasons, he had to get the cure for Siouxsie. So he decides to ask why there was so many wounded people there and what could he do to help her, so she would have time to prepare the medicine for him.
- All this people are travelers and merchants who passed by the Ants Nest or Wastelands. Before all Creatures there were calm and not attacking unless provoked, but now... I can't explain, i don't know what happened, all animals went aggressive for no reason and they attack everyone who passes there. I plead to my older sister to go there and try to figure out what is happening, she is a very strong which but she is not the most helpful and friendly persons in the world. As for me, i'm just a healer, nothing much i can do by myself. Answered Jaenelle.
So Sano proposed a deal, he would try to solve the problem and in return she would make the medicine for Siouxsie. Jaenelle accepted the deal right away and told Sano the direction to Wastelands warning him to be careful because all creatures would attack him as soon as he steps inside.
When Sano arrives to Wastelands, all creatures started attacking him as Jaenelle said, 'tho Sano was not worried, this beasts could be problematic for travelers and merchants but they wouldn't be able to even scratch a true Hell Knight.
Somewhere inside the Wastelands Sano found a man who looked like some kind of priest hiding behind some rocks. Sano got closer and asked him what was he doing there and the priest who seamed to have gone out of his mind just started mumbleing some stuff about a master enchanter orc who used to be his boss and had a plan to control the ants on Ants Nest so they would collect valueable ores for him from the mines.
- Its was all ok at the beggining... but.. but master went mad and greedy... he wanted more and more and the ants... all the ants wanted to kill him. I ran away and decided to leave it all behind, we got already many ore from it, but master went mad... he is mad... master is mad... He threaten to kill the Ant Queen if the ants don't continue to work for him, so all ants and other animals around went aggressive on everyone who steps close.... all of them... all the ants... master is mad... he is mad...
While screaming this words the weird priest run away but in his mumbleing he told Sano all he need to knew.
So Sano went to the Ant Nest in search for the mad master enchanter orc.
Sano arrived to the Ant Nest and without even thinking twice he rushed inside in search for the orc. Tons of ants started bashing on him but he didn't care about them, all he could think was, kill the orc so he can get cure for Siouxsie.
Somewhere deeper inside the Nest Sano finally found the orc
staying near the Queen's room and confronted him telling him to stop everything he was doing and go way, 'tho as the priest mentioned, the orc was completly blind by greed and gets back at Sano saying.
- You foolish human... as long as i control this ants, i'm unstoppable... no one can touch me...
While saying this the orc starts screaming some enchantments and from nowhere, a huge amount of ants started attacking Sano. The orc thought he would have the best out of that fight by the fact he had the numbers on his side, but for a Hell Knight, the number of the enemies is not even a real problem. With one single insane swing of his sword, Sano crushed all the ants attacking him.
After seeing Sano doing that, the orc knew his plan there was over and he couldn't do anything to stop Sano so he used one last enchantment and disappeared between a blue light.
Right after the orc dissapeared, all ants seamed to go back to their normal lifes and even the creatures outside the Nest were more quiet and not even looking at the persons passing by.
Sano then returned to Jaenelle and told her what happened and that the problem was solved, and she would have some time to rest after that moment, but if possible he would like to have the medicine as fast as possible. Jaenelle after listening to Sano's story about the orc and the ants and everyone else, went outside for some minutes and started right away working on the medicine for Siouxsie.
Some hours after all was done, Jaenelle gave the medicine to Sano as a thank you for helping all those travelers and merchants who would still have to pass by the Wasteland and Ants Nest and Sano left right away to take the medicine to Siouxcie back in the Town of Dion.