Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: l2.exe stopped to work  (Read 1627 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pigskin
Sr. Member
****

Karma: +15/-28
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 403


Things nobody asking for!


View Profile
« on: April 21, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »

Hello there,
I have strange problem with my l2.
Yesterday on antharas raid, I went to rr my clinet  inside of lair and after rr i got this error on login:
l2.exe stopped to work, lineage 2 3rd class transfer, lineage c4 server
I dont have problems to start game or something but if i press "Log in"  game just crash.

Tried new client, new patch, system restore etc, actually i tried everything what is possible on windows 7 and nothing works, still getting error.

LF help.

P.S. other online games like dota 2 works fine.

Logged

smn
Global Moderator
Hero Member
*****

Karma: +919/-71
Offline Offline

Posts: 1089



View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »

Try:

1. Disabling all anti-virus software;
2. Reinstalling the game and running updater (without using l2.exe);
3. Doing a clean sweep of cache and junk on pc with some cleaning software (for example tuneup utilities);

The error you are getting ntdll.dll is windows library essential issue (to work with hardware). But in reality, this error is not caused by ntdll.dll in and by itself, the real error is "c0000005", which usually means access violation, could be faulty RAM or old entries to your registry, perhaps programs blocking etc. That is most likely causing it.

The best option in this case would be a clean boot of windows, that should help in 99% of the cases. The other 1% is caused by RAM itself, meaning it's "broken".
Logged

Pigskin
Sr. Member
****

Karma: +15/-28
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 403


Things nobody asking for!


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 07:56:05 PM »

Try:

1. Disabling all anti-virus software;
2. Reinstalling the game and running updater (without using l2.exe);
3. Doing a clean sweep of cache and junk on pc with some cleaning software (for example tuneup utilities);

The error you are getting ntdll.dll is windows library essential issue (to work with hardware). But in reality, this error is not caused by ntdll.dll in and by itself, the real error is "c0000005", which usually means access violation, could be faulty RAM or old entries to your registry, perhaps programs blocking etc. That is most likely causing it.

The best option in this case would be a clean boot of windows, that should help in 99% of the cases. The other 1% is caused by RAM itself, meaning it's "broken".
its fixed, ty anyway.
Logged

smn
Global Moderator
Hero Member
*****

Karma: +919/-71
Offline Offline

Posts: 1089



View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:38:20 PM »

its fixed, ty anyway.

Good, I'm glad.

Share how did you fix it, so people can use your experience as a reference for the future.
Logged

Pigskin
Sr. Member
****

Karma: +15/-28
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 403


Things nobody asking for!


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 10:57:01 AM »

Simple, new windows Cheesy

Anyway there is another option which works also:

Control Panel/System/Advance System Settings

Under Advance System Settings go to:
Preformance/Data Execution Prevention and add L2.exe file from RPG club.
After that just restart pc.
Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: